CT-RI Public Health Training Center
SAVE THE DATE! Healthy Equity Action Training (HEAT)
The goal of this course is to establish the foundation of knowledge, attitudes, and skills needed for participants to integrate health equity into the course of their regular work. The training will be highly participatory, integrating didactic content with experiential activities.
SAVE THE DATE: May 20, 2014 OR May 27, 2014. When registration opens, please choose only one course.
- Establish common language regarding health equity, which includes health inequities, social justice and racism.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the social determinants of health , and their affects on health.
- Identify the ways in which institutional oppression perpetuates health inequities.
- Recognize the pervasive and negative impact that personal biases such as stereotyping and blaming the victim generate.
- Develop strategies to address health inequities through their current roles in the public health workforce.