CT-RI Public Health Training Center
Promoting the Public Health Workforce with Community Health Workers
Friday, June 21, 2013 (Registration 8:30am) 9:00am-1:30pm
Optional Special Workshop Session: "CHW' Advocating for CHW's" until 3:30pm
Gateway Community College, Community Room, N100 New Haven, CT
Special Guest Speakers:
Carl Rush, Sergio Matos and Lisa Renee Holderby-Fox
This symposium will foster a broader understanding of the roles of Community Health Workers (CHW) in implementing public health programs and delivering health services and provide a forum to discuss how the work of CHWs can be expanded in Connecticut.
- Describe how community health workers can be instrumental in ensuring the effective delivery of health services and implementation of public health programs.
- Define the functions that community health workers serve as language, social, and cultural liaisons between programs and organizations.
- Discuss the evidence base supporting utilization of CHWs to improve the health of populations.
- Describe how community health workers may play a role in the changing dynamics around improving health care delivery in the community.
- Identify at least two policy challenges in Connecticut around advancing the Community Health Worker profession in our state.
Registration is free and lunch will be provided. Register today as seating is limited at www.ct.train.org and search for course ID# 1044089.
Directions to Gateway Community College (New Haven Campus) and Parking Information:
Parking will be validated in the Temple Street Garage. Please bring your ticket with you into the college for validation by security. You may enter the college at the northwest corner of Church and George Streets. This is the main security station and is also closest to the Community Room, N100, where the symposium will be held.
For questions please contact: