CT-RI Public Health Training Center
Promoting the Public Health Workforce with Community Health Workers
Friday, June 21, 2013
Gateway Community College, Community Room, N100 New Haven, CT
Special Guest Speakers:
Carl Rush, Sergio Matos and Lisa Renee Holderby-Fox
This symposium will foster a broader understanding of the roles of Community Health Workers (CHW) in implementing public health programs and delivering health services and provide a forum to discuss how the work of CHWs can be expanded in Connecticut.
- Describe how community health workers can be instrumental in ensuring the effective delivery of health services and implementation of public health programs.
- Define the functions that community health workers serve as language, social, and cultural liaisons between programs and organizations.
- Discuss the evidence base supporting utilization of CHWs to improve the health of populations.
- Describe how community health workers may play a role in the changing dynamics around improving health care delivery in the community.
- Identify at least two policy challenges in Connecticut around advancing the Community Health Worker profession in our state.
Registration is free and lunch will be provided. Register today as seating is limited at www.ct.train.org and search for course ID# 1044089.
For questions please contact: